Notes from Chase Field
They allowed us in to watch the D-backs workout today at Chase Field. A few notes of interest:
– Mark Reynolds talked about the possibility of a contract extension being worked out. Wrote quite a bit about that here. If you want to read about managing general partner Ken Kendrick’s feelings on multi-year deals, check the bottom of this story from earlier in the week.
– Brandon Webb had another throwing session. Nothing seems new since the last time I caught up with him. He is still on pace to throw off the mound for the first time Tuesday. Pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre Jr. is coming in town to observe the session.
Overall Webb said he remains encouraged and still thinks he will be ready to go come Opening Day.
– Reynolds has the initials JAR stitched into his glove. They are for his son Jacob Andrew Ryan, who was born Oct. 16. Andrew is apparently a big name in the Reynolds family as Mark and his father among others have it as their middle name.
– Speaking of new arrivals, the Haren’s had a little girl just a couple of weeks ago. Ella Dani Haren. Ella is doing well, but dad is a little short on sleep these days.
– Conor Jackson said he planned on wearing a t-shirt this spring that reads “I feel good”. How he’s doing is on a lot of people’s minds after he missed most of last season with Valley Fever. Through Instructional League last fall and winter ball in the Dominican Republic, Jackson says he has felt good.