Day 6: Feb. 24
– Stephen Drew hit on the field for the first time.
– D-backs pitchers threw bullpens and went through drills.
– We got to talk with GM Kevin Towers.
WHAT WE LEARNED:
It also appears that the D-backs are going to leave the decision of when he can play largely in Drew’s hands.
Keep in mind that things can always change. Remember at this time last year we thought Xavier Nady was going to be the starting left fielder and Geoff Blum was going to get the majority of the time at third base.
– Towers will continue to search the waiver wire, but feels comfortable right now with the 60 players he has in camp.
WHAT’S COMING UP:
– Saturday is the club’s first full-squad workout, but the pitchers will not throw making it a bit of a shorter day.
– The team will have a meeting in the morning that could delay the start of stretching, but they should be out there by 10 a.m. Things should wrap up by 11:45 a.m.
– Reminder: workouts are open to the public. They are free as is parking before games get underway.
You can park in the Desert Parking Lot and walk to any of the fields.
That’s all for today. Remember…
You can follow me on Twitter
8 days until spring opener
42 days until Opening Day vs. Giants